Prof. dr hab. Łucja Biel z Instytutu Lingwistyki Stosowanej Uniwersytetu Warszawskiego 01.01.2022 napisała :
"We are so excited to start a new 3-year interdisciplinary project MHEALTH4ALL: Development and implementation of a digital platform for the promotion of access to mental healthcare for low language proficient third-country nationals in Europe, funded by the EU Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund!
The project is led by Professor Barbara Schouten from the University of Amsterdam and covers 13 university and NGO partners from eight countries, with a broad range of experts: linguists, clinical and social psychologists, communication scientists, migrant and healthcare provider organisations, public service interpreters.
The partners include University of Warsaw, University of Alcalá, Vrije Universiteit Brussels, University of Surrey, University Medical Center Hamburg-Eppendorf, Vilnius University, University of Constantine the Philosopher, University of Genoa, Stichting Gezondheid Allochtonen Nederland, Associatie Marokkaanse Artsen Nederland, European Network for Public Service Interpreting and Translation and Stowarzyszenie na Rzecz Wspierania Psychiatrii Dzieci i Młodzieży Vis-a-Vis.
The main objective of the project is to promote access to mental health care services in Europe for low language proficiency third-country nationals (LLP TCNs), such as refugees, asylum seekers and other migrant patient groups. We will:
- map and evaluate the existing language support resources in mental healthcare for LLP TCNs,
- identify needs, barriers and communication strategies to accessing mental healthcare services;
- co-create multilingual culturally-sensitive patient video narratives and educational videos for healthcare providers and pre-test them among stakeholders;
- test semi-automatic solutions to increase the accessibility of materials;
- create a digital multilingual communication platform and evaluate it in practice.
A lot of exciting work ahead of us in the coming years!"